The Daily Shield is the list of announcements which are read each school day during home room, the beginning of second hour.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Word of the Week is: Patience
Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 7:8, “The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.”
Tomorrow’s Lunch Option: Antonio’s Pizza, $2 per slice, CASH ONLY
Happy Birthday today to: Senior Tyler Lester
- Welcome to our freshman class and transfer students, and welcome back to the Sophomore through Senior classes!
- The locker decorations and treats are from your Team Leaders. Please remember the number on the cup as this is your team number. More information will be given later. Please keep the cup/magnet on your lockers!
- Freshmen and Sophomores, assignment books will be handed out in your Religion class. Juniors and Seniors may purchase an assignment book from the school office for $5 each.
- Schedule change forms may be picked up from Mrs. Hennig in the school office. The form must be signed by all of the teachers involved in the change, your parent/guardian, and given to Mr. Rollins for his signature. You may not go to your new class until you have been contacted by Mrs. Hennig that the change has taken place. Monday, August 27th is the last day to turn in a completed change form.
- Juniors & Seniors: late arrival/early departure requires a note signed by your parent/guardian and turned into Mrs. Rollins. You may not start late arrival/early departure until Mrs. Rollins has spoken to you to let you know your request is approved.
- School/Gym lockers are to be locked at all times.
- Any student who drives a car to school needs to register in the office to get a free parking sticker from Mrs. Gilman. If you have a sticker from last year you do not need to get a new one, unless your vehicle information has changed, then see Mrs. Gilman!
- Your schedules do NOT show your lunch period. The following 5th hour classes have lunch before 5th hour (which means after 4th hour, you go to lunch): Government, Geometry, US History, AP Physics, Art Fundamentals, Language Lab. If you are in Spanish 1, Religion 12, Study Hall, PE, or Pre-Algebra, you go to 5th hour class and then you go to lunch. Your teachers will remind you for the first few days.
- School Picture Day AND Fall/Senior Sports Picture Day is Thursday, August 30th. School picture forms will be handed out in your Religion classes. Sports picture forms will be handed out by your coaches. For the Senior Sports pictures, be sure to bring jeans and sneakers.
- Leadership Team Leaders will meet Wednesday morning at 8:30am in Joel.
Rochester High School is hosting a STEM Fair on Wednesday Sept. 5 from 6:30 to 8pm. Students, families, teachers, and administrators from all Springfield-area schools are invited to attend this free event. Exhibitors include colleges such as the U of I, ISU, and Millikin. Details, a list of exhibitors, and registration links are on our STEM Fair webpage at: https://sites.google.com/view/rochesterstemfair
Our Savior’s extended care director is looking for LuHi students interested in working our after school program. These are paid positions, M-F, after school until 5:00/5:30. Contact Our Savior’s School for more information.