Lutheran High School admits students of any race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin in administration of their educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs. Lutheran High does discriminate in that Christians or those willing to abide by the expectations of a Christ-centered community are welcome. The school also discriminates in we believe we are teaching Christianity in all of our classes, and thus only allow Christians to teach at our school.
PARENTS STATEMENT OF INTENT
- I/We desire a quality Christ-centered education for our child. We believe Lutheran High School will provide this type of education. We understand that this secondary education includes a partnership between the parents and the school and will, therefore, include the teachers in our prayers, and seek to keep open lines of communication with school personnel.
- I/We realize that the school periodically administers selected standardized tests. When such tests are given, we expect to hear from our child or the school about the nature of the test and its purpose. Unless we notify the school of our objection, we give the school permission to administer such achievement and interest tests to our child.
- I/We intend to support the school’s rules and will work to have our child accept and conform to school regulations. This includes classroom expectations, attendance practices, and disciplinary restrictions.
- I/We understand that student records will not be released until all commitments to the school have been met. We understand that a student whose tuition becomes 30 days in arrears may not be allowed to continue as a student as long as the tuition is in arrears. Should the tuition account (including the forfeited multi-student discount) be turned over to a collection agency or an attorney for collection, then in such an event the person or persons responsible for payment of tuition agree to pay collection costs (35% of the outstanding balance), including attorney fees and court costs, [and interest at the statutory rate from the date due until paid in full] in addition to the tuition amounts due to Lutheran High School.
- I/We understand that the school periodically uses audio, video, and pictorial devices to improve the educational program and to publicize the school, and grant our consent for our child to be so included.
- I/We understand that the school expects students to attend church regularly.
- I/We authorize the school to obtain the loan of textbooks through the State of Illinois (Public Act 82-469) for our son or daughter, if available.
- We understand that all new students entering grades 10-12 and some entering grade 9 will be enrolled on a conditional basis.
- I/We understand that the Application Fee, which must accompany this application, is non-refundable.
- I/We understand that the Student Services Fee is normally non-refundable.
- I/We give Lutheran High permission to request records and student information from the previously attended school or like institution.